Artist's Statement

"My hanging mobiles are ever-changing works of art. The delicate balance between gravity and the gentle currents in the air around us cause the mobiles to twist and bend, appearing to give them a life of their own. They are constantly redefining not only the positive shape of the mobile itself, but the negative spaces that surround the sculpture.

I like to think of my mobiles as a reminder that although life is ever-changing, one can always find beauty and joy in it. All one needs to do is stay balanced and bend slightly with the breeze."

-Steve DeSpirito

Contact: post a comment, I will reply!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Flow

This is my favorite piece. I sold the first wood version of this mobile to a woman in the UK, and have since worked with clients to make versions of "The Flow" in several materials and colors all across the US. I also sold one to the art director for the movie "Gigantic" starring Paul Dano and Zooey Deschanel, with Ed Asner and John Goodman. It's supposed to be in the film, but I haven't seen the movie yet to know if "The Flow" made it to the silver screen or the cutting room floor.
Made of quality Birch plywood with a polyurethane finish, one side is stained slightly darker than the other to add interest as it swirls and twists. The size of this piece is 24 x 36, but it can also be scaled easily. In wood, the piece sells for $365. I also can make it of PVC plastic sheet in various colors for $295. Email me at artinhighplaces@charter.net for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment