Artist's Statement

"My hanging mobiles are ever-changing works of art. The delicate balance between gravity and the gentle currents in the air around us cause the mobiles to twist and bend, appearing to give them a life of their own. They are constantly redefining not only the positive shape of the mobile itself, but the negative spaces that surround the sculpture.

I like to think of my mobiles as a reminder that although life is ever-changing, one can always find beauty and joy in it. All one needs to do is stay balanced and bend slightly with the breeze."

-Steve DeSpirito

Contact: post a comment, I will reply!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Circle Tree


These images are of one of my more vertical pieces (meaning taller than it is wide). Normally, I like to try to stretch more horizontally with my mobiles, defying gravity. This piece, however, is more suited to a tall confined space like a stairwell.
I've shown it here in two styles to give you an idea of how my work can be customized. The size is 24 x 36 and it's made of stainless steel and EVA foam shapes to keep it very lightweight and provide lots of movement. The cost is $165. As always, feel free to email at artinhighplaces@charter.net with inquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment